Monday, February 13, 2012

Does this make me 'lawful good?' ;)

SIL and I had a talk tonight, after I brought my sons back from our romp in the park. I followed her outside (she was taking their new Yorkie puppies outside to relieve themselves), and I could tell she was sort of anticipating something "bad."

So I guess it was a nice surprise for her when I told her I have problems breaking rules.

0_o

This is new for me, but as I told her, I never thought of myself as being a stickler for rules. (She laughed and visibly relaxed.) And now I'm dealing with the realization that even though she and MIL have told me that I can take the boys for longer visits, or more frequent visits, I'm finding it really difficult to do so!

I told her I'd spoken with Anastasia earlier today about the issue, and Anastasia had told me that she thought I should go along with it, that she wanted me to spend as much time as possible with them.

SIL agreed.

So it looks like tomorrow I'll be picking up my sons when Youngest gets off his schoolbus, and I'll take them on the bus to Skinner's Butte Park, where (hopefully) DD will meet us and spend time with us.

Older Son told me that he wished I'd move next door to them, so that they could see me every day. I told him I wasn't sure that would work out, but that maybe I could see him more often... and he started planning the days out for me.

Now I just need to wrap my head around it!

No comments: