Friday, February 28, 2014

Theory...

Wow... it's been a while since I've blogged, hasn't it?!?

A lot has happened since then, including the fact that I am officially divorced, as of July 3, 2013, and am now a gainfully-employed person! I've been working for 3+ months now for SecurAmerica as a security officer.

I love my job.

Anyway, I labeled this post "Theory" for a reason, and it has to do with my job.

When I'm at work, I do a lot of patrolling... as in, I walk anywhere from seven to twelve miles during a typical eight-hour shift. (I wear a pedometer, just to make sure how much I'm walking.)

During that walking, I'm keeping an eye out for things that aren't supposed to be happening, or things which are out of place, or people who aren't supposed to be on the property, etc. And while I'm doing that walking, I have a lot of time for thinking.

One night whilst patrolling, I somehow thought of the movie, "Night at the Museum," (which I have NOT seen, though I've read the book!), and I thought, "I wonder what's the difference between a security officer and a night watchman?"

And I came up with my theory, based loosely on a combination of the movie and my job.

I theorize that a security officer makes sure everything is secure, while a night watchman watches all hell break loose.

::cue rimshot::

No comments: