Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I think this is the first time I've ever not had to remind my daughter about Mother's Day... though I'm guessing her foster parents did. She texted me the day before to ask if I wanted to see a movie with her. We went to see "Pirates! Band of Misfits" It was quite delightful, actually, and DD not only bought the tickets, but also bought popcorn and a drink, both of which we shared (you have seen the price of snacks in the movie theaters, right?). She also brought me a handmade card and an iris in a "vase" (a water bottle). Very much my style, trust me!! I love them!
Inside the card:
I have to say it--- I really appreciate that she understands that I'm not perfect... and that she loves me anyway! She wasn't the only one who remembered, though--- Older Son came through as well, with a handmade card and a pair of pansies in a pot he painted himself:
Since Older Son was just recently diagnosed as being high-functioning autistic, I can now completely see his personality in his inscription. I love it, too! I don't seem to have a photo yet of the pansies--- I'll have to add it tomorrow. But the pot is painted with different colors, almost in wide vertical stripes, and the pansies are purple and yellow. Very lovely Mother's Day! I hope yours was, too! :D

No comments: